Thursday 27 October 2011

Treatment.......

The last few weeks have been VERY busy with school holidays and running back and forth to Christchurch to meet with our team that are helping Luke and I to have our miracle baby. Firstly upon arrival at the fab Ronald McDonald House South Island we were greeted by the wonderful staff like we were family - still it was a little upsetting to see that only half the house was actually open due to the devastating Earthquakes in ChCh. Admirable that they can keep going under such harsh circumstances!!!!

We trotted over to the Fetal Medicine Clinic for the first of many tests and scans....which all proved to come back "normal"  - well as normal as someone like me can have lol!

After seeing our precious bundle on the ultrasound I was whisked over the other side of the hospital to have a PICC line inserted into my arm.....this was a bizarre feeling! The small tube is 55cm long, 37cm of which is inside my body inside the vein that leads to my heart! The PICC line is there so that when I receive my treatment every week I dont need a new IV line.

So far the current plan is weekly platelet transfusions (IvIg) , which take about 10 - 12 hours to administer until I get to 24 weeks and at this stage we will discuss further treatment options to include alongside the Platelets....

The good news is that I am able to have some of my treatments in WESTPORT - yay!! So instead of travelling to Christchurch every week I only have to go once a month until I reach 24 weeks! I am so much more relaxed with this news!!!

I will be posting some photos on here in the following few days so I will be back soon!!!

Hospital tomorrow for treatment # 3.....Love to you all xx

No comments:

Post a Comment